HARVEY NORTHCOTT MEMORIAL FUND SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline for receipt of applications for the Harvey Northcott Memorial Scholarship Fund is April 15, 2019.Complete typed applications for the Harvey Northcott Memorial Scholarship Fund must be postmarked by April 15 to be eligible for the current year. Pleas send applications to Leduc Black Gold Pro Rodeo & Exhibition Association, Box 3235, Leduc, AB T9E 6L9
A. Rationale and Philosophy:
Scholarships funded by the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association in memory of Harvey Northcott are based on the following rationale and philosophy:
It is the mission of the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association to promote, support and encourage agricultural opportunities in our urban and rural community.
- Youth are the future of our community, country and industry.
- The education of students is a shared responsibility among the home, school and community. It is our responsibility to be a community leader that promotes agriculture.
- All students have a right to a sound education that will enable them to apply their learned skills to daily life.
- By supporting those who wish to pursue Agricultural related studies, we are assisting in the continuation of Agriculture in our community, our province and our country.
B. Scholarship Program Details
- Two $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded per year.
- The criteria for eligibility for the scholarships will be set by the Board of the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association.
- A selection committee made up of three representatives - one from the Harvey Northcott Family and two from the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association (at least one board member and one other member) will review the applications and choose two scholarship recipients.
- Recipients will be notified after the selection date.
C Eligibility for a Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association Scholarship
1. These scholarships are open to students who reside in the County of Leduc or who are resident Albertans and are members of either an amateur or professional Rodeo Association.
2. Applicants must have a Grade 12 Diploma and be entering one of the following programs:
- An Apprenticeship program
- A Trades program
- A post- secondary institution, college or university program.
Preference will be given to applicants entering programs which support and benefit agriculture. Successful applicants must attend a post secondary institution as a full-time student.
3. Those interested in applying should note their application must:
- Be completed using this application form
- Be typed
- Be complete (ensure that all the information is accurate and correct, as only complete applications will be considered)
- Include an original photo
- Include a copy of your official transcript request (and date requested)
- Be submitted (please send the original copy) by mail to the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition Association at the address shown above. Applications must be postmarked by April 15 to be eligible for the current year.