Jackpot Barrel Racing
May 26th held at the Leduc Recreation Centre 10:00 am
Get ready to watch some serious rodeo action!
On May 26th we are having a Jackpot Barrel Racing event - Watch these talented ladies compete for special prizes!
What is Barrel Racing?
In Barrel Racing, the only ladies event in professional rodeo, the contestant must cross the scoreline and run a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels before coming back across the scoreline to register an official time. The rider can circle either the left or right barrel first but must follow the cloverleaf pattern to avoid disqualification. A five-second penalty is added to her time for every barrel she knocks over during the ride.
Contestants are permitted to use their hands to prevent a barrel from falling. The time is generally recorded to the hundredths of a second using an electric eye.
Info for Riders:
- 3D OPEN RACE IF UNDER 80 ENTRIES/4D OPEN RACE WITH OVER 80 ENTRIES
- $3000 ADDED: OPEN: $2700 YOUTH: $240 PEE WEE: $60 – START TIME NOON, LEDUC BLACK GOLD ARENA
- ABRA APPROVED MUST HAVE ABRA CARD OR PERMIT TO ATTEND.
PRE-ENTRY FEES (May 1-20):
- OPEN: $60 ($15 DEDUCTION)
- YOUTH: $30 ($10 DEDUCTION)
- PW: $10 ($5 DEDUCTION)
ENTRY FEES DAY OF JACKPOT:
- OPEN: $65 ($20 DEDUCTION)
- YOUTH: $35 ($15 DEDUCTION)
- PW: $15 ($10 DEDUCTION)
All TIME ONLY Money donated to Leduc Black Gold local charity
- PRE ENTRIES ACCEPTED MAY 1-20 MUST EMAIL FORM TO firstname.lastname@example.org AND ETRANSFER TO email@example.com PASSWORD “race”
- PRE ENTRIES GET FIRST CHANCE OF THE TIME ONLIES IF PAID WITH THEIR ENTRY, MAXIMUM 2/HORSE ENTERED ? RODEO GO WILL BE AT THE JACKPOT SO MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER.
- ENTRIES CLOSE THE DAY OF THE JACKPOT AT 11:30 AM
- WESTERN ATTIRE REQUIRED
- NO OPEN RIDING IN THE ARENA
- ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, YOU CAN SELL YOUR SPOT ONLY IF JANET IS NOTIFIED BY MAY 24
You can find more information on the Barrel Racing Facebook page.
First 100 entries go in the 10:00 am draw.
*Rodeo Go will be here so make sure we have your phone number on the entry form to text you information and the pre-draw. *
10:00 am Open first 100 pre-entries
1:00 pm Pee Wee, Youth and remainder of Open entries (those pre-entered will go in a draw first, entries day of will go in another draw and we cannot guarantee if you have multiple and enter that day how many horses will be between horses.
For more information text Janet 780-203-4790.